Praise the Lord! Someone accepted Christ at Swerve’s dress rehearsal last Wednesday June 15th!
After resting up and praying for concerts, Swerve is getting ready to go on tour this Monday morning heading out to Colorado! We’ve packed up our truck, had an acoustic practice on Saturday to stay fresh . . . and our first concert is in Estes Park on Wednesday June 22nd! After that we head to Ft. Collins, Boulder, and then Grant, Nebraska!
Please pray for safe travel and health, Benton has been feeling pretty sick this past week and I know he’d appreciate your prayers as he leads the team and we head out on the road!
Thanks for praying!
On behalf of the Swerve family :)
Here are the Keynote Summer Project 2005 touring bands:
Captain Oblivious – pop-punk
MangoFish – modern rock
Proof of Purchase – modern praise and worship
SoulSeed – urban gospel
Swerve – pop/rock with a female lead
Young Isaac -acoustic alternative with jazz undertones
It’s the second full week of our Keynote Summer Project, and things are really hopping! Please pray that God would give me wisdom in my coaching responsibilities.
- Teacher Coaching: During morning classes I make note of what the teachers are doing well and where they can improve; I’ll later share these thoughts with them.
- Communication Coaching: Each afternoon I observe staff coaching students in communication; then it’s my turn to coach the team from Kazakhstan. It’s a joy to work with them and help them sharpen their public speaking skills.
Thank you for praying!
That’s the title of a great article in the May issue of Christianity Today. It’s subtitle is "The unknown story of how John Paul II ushered Campus Crusade into Catholic Poland." You can read the article on the magazine’s web site at this link: "The Pope We Never Knew."
Last month I told you about my job responsibilities, so this month I want to give you more of a “big picture” view of Keynote. Below are Keynote’s Mission and Values; one of those values (Worldwide) is highlighted further down.
Keynote’s Mission Statement: Partnering with strategic ministries to communicate God’s love through music and the performing arts.
Keynote’s Ministry Values:
- Authentic – sharing compelling stories relating to real life that effectively reach audiences.
- Dynamic – being flexible enough to adapt to cultural change and go where God is moving.
- Catalytic – using our uniqueness to build strategic partnerships that help build spiritual movements.
- Worldwide – partnering with ministries around the globe to help accelerate their work.
- Life Change – seeing God change the lives of our audiences and our staff.