At Christmas we celebrate the coming of Jesus, “the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.”(John 1:9, NASB) I’ve also been thinking about the ways God has allowed me to help shine the Light of Christ to others during the past year:
- Traveling to Brazil in January to train 40 Campus Crusade for Christ staff and students in stage communication skills;
- Training several younger Keynote staff in how to teach and coach the students coming for our summer music & mission project;
- Administrating the classroom training portion of that same summer project;
- Coaching the students from our summer praise & worship band in communication skills;
- Equipping four Keynote staff men in August to teach & coach communication skills in Central Asia to believers from two Muslim countries;
- Administrating our annual training for new Keynote staff and interns (short-term staff) ran from November 1 – 21; I taught a few of the classes and arranged teachers for the rest;
- Serving as the teaching assistant for the Institute of Biblical Studies class we held for our senior staff from November 14 – 20; I helped the professor grade the assignments and keep track of the grades.
Tiring? Yes. It seems like I’ve been going non-stop since the beginning of October, so I’m definitely looking forward to Christmas vacation! But when I hear comments like the following, I know that all the effort was worth it. During a recent staff meeting, new staff member Nellie Solis excitedly told everyone in Keynote how grateful she was for the November training.
I can’t tell you how life-transforming it has been. Every class has touched my life. I am so proud to be a Keynoter!
I love knowing that I’m helping shine the Light of Christ by preparing our staff (and others!) to accurately represent Christ in everything they do, and to honor Him by doing it with excellence. You, too, are helping shine the Light of Christ because you are partnering with me through your gifts and prayers. If you are among those people who look for additional ways to give towards God’s work at year’s end, would you consider making a special gift towards my ministry with Keynote? You can give online at http://give.ccci.org/give/0112686, or check out other options on my Contributions page.
The new staff and interns who attended November training: (from L. to R.) Josh Dufford, Nellie Solis, Sharon Foo, Kristin Troutman, Scott Naylor. (Not shown: Jennifer Naylor.)