You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. (2 Timothy 2:2, NLT)
Spiritual multiplication: it’s what Jesus did when He poured Himself into His 12 closest followers and trusted them to spread His message to the entire world. It’s also the type of ministry the apostle Paul described in the verse above. Paul had trained Timothy, and he then encouraged Timothy to train others…who would train others…who would train others.
Usually when people in ministry talk about multiplication, they’re referring to multiplying individuals, but it can happen on other levels, too. In December I wrote about multiplying ministries when I described the chain leading from Keynote here in the U.S. to Singapore to Thailand to Laos. Another chain of multiplication is happening right now in Latin America. Here’s a brief timeline to give you the picture:
- 2008: Keynote conducted communication training in Panama. One of the conferees, Juancho, was from Guatemala and loved it.
- 2009: Keynote went back to Panama and trained Juancho and two other alumni (Marielena and Oliver from Panama) how to be comm coaches. The new coaches joined the Keynote team to conduct a week of basic communication training for more people.
- 2011: Keynote was invited to Guatemala to conduct communication training. Juancho, Marielena and Oliver were again part of the coaching team.
- 2012: Keynote is returning to Guatemala in February. Once again we will train alumni to be comm coaches and have them help train a new group of people in the basics of communication. This time, though, Marielena will help the Americans lead comm coach training. She will then be fully qualified to train new coaches on her own in the future.
I helped train the Keynote coaches who taught Marielena and the others in Panama and Guatemala. By partnering with me, YOU are building God’s kingdom as we teach people how to communicate the message of Christ in front of an audience or among friends. Your partnership helps me train others…who will train others…who will train others…to take the good news of Jesus Christ around the globe!
Take One: In October I posted about videos Keynote produced for Purdue University’s “I Am Second” evangelistic campaign. As a result, hundreds of conversations about Christ were sparked around campus, and at least a dozen small groups were started. Read more on the Keynote Connection Blog.
Take Two: In December and January, I wrote three posts for the Keynote Connection blog. You can read them here:
- Friday Flashback—International Ministry Abounds
- Friday Flashback—Expanding Ministries in Mongolia and South Korea
- Prayer Requests for 2012
- My seminary class this semester is Spiritual Formation, which deals with fostering intimacy with God and teaching others to do the same. Pray that God will use it to help me fall more in love with Him.
- For the time being, I’m the primary worship leader at my church. Pray for sensitivity to God’s leading as I choose music, run rehearsals and help the congregation enter into His presence.
Thank you for praying!