Ever since its December premiere, God has been using Rhymz Suhreal’s video of their song “Music Box.” The song centers on a music box vocalist Becky Alwin received from her dad as a child, and pictures Becky’s changing relationship with her dad and with God.
The video premiered at an outreach event where Rhymz Suhreal shared the hope they have found in Jesus. One attender wrote this on a comment card:
“My marriage is breaking down, and I’m letting it happen because of my choices and mixed up priorities. You have inspired me to start making changes now.”
The “Music Box” video is continuing to open doors for spiritual conversations about Jesus. A woman emailed Becky: “(My daughter) Chelsea has a burdened heart for her friends who don’t know Jesus, especially her friend Emma. She has been sharing her faith with Emma for a few years.” Together they watched the video and talked about it. The girls continue their spiritual conversations prompted by the video and other Rhymz Suhreal songs.
- For ideas about how to share this and other videos to invite spiritual conversation, read this post on the Keynote Connection blog: “Starting Spiritual Conversations with Videos and Short Films”
- Rhymz Suhreal is one of Keynote’s full-time artists performing outreach events in the inner city, in prisons and overseas. For more information on the band and on their latest project go to http://www.rhymzsuhreal.com
Comm Lab is Coming!
Our next Comm Lab is scheduled for March 11-14 here in Indy. This annual communication training conference is not just for Cru staff, so if you would like to attend please contact me or go to http://www.keynote.org/communication-training/comm-lab/ for more information.
On the Home Front
Last fall I really enjoyed leading a women’s Bible study at my church on the Book of Esther. I’ll be leading another one starting February 5 that looks at what the Old Testament Day of Atonement teaches us about the forgiveness we can find in Jesus.
- For God to continue using the “Music Box” video
- For 70 people to attend Comm Lab in March
- For wisdom as I lead the women’s Bible study at my church
Thank you for praying!
Linda Bloss liked this on Facebook.
Alan Hadley liked this on Facebook.
Martha Black Bradford liked this on Facebook.
Vicki Hayman Foll liked this on Facebook.