The Indy Innovation team just spent a week of intensive focus on one project. In the business world this is called a “sprint,” but it actually feels more like a marathon! The project is a series of guided group discussions for students around “The Snake Crusher” in God’s prophecy to the serpent in Genesis 3:15.
“…I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
– Genesis 3:15 (NIV)
The sessions will focus on this promise, the story leading up to it in Genesis 1-3, and its fulfillment in Jesus.
Here’s how the process worked:
- Before coming into our week, we interviewed Cru students (both high school and college) about how they engaged with the Bible. We also read articles and books by researchers about how this generation thinks and learns.
- During our “sprint” we brainstormed the content and format of each session: we wrote ideas on sticky notes, posted them on the glass walls of our conference room, and decided which ideas to use in our prototype.
- We sent two versions of the first session plan to Cru students and staff to get their reactions.
- We took the session plan they preferred, tweaked it based on their comments, and used it as a model to design three more sessions.
- We sent all four sessions to Cru’s Theological Development department for their feedback.
We’ve just received their feedback, so the next steps will be to do more editing, testing and tweaking until it’s ready to use.
I’m excited about how God has been leading us in this project! I believe He wants to use it (when it’s finished) for both outreach and discipleship. I’ll keep you updated on our progress!
Praise and Prayer
- Thank God for the wonderful time of encouragement and vision at our recent Cru22 staff conference.
- Pray for continued insight for our team as we refine “The Snake Crusher” for use on campuses in 2023.
Thank you for praying!