I sat at a restaurant Tuesday enjoying breakfast with my leaders and fellow project managers. We gathered to celebrate what God has done this semester, and I smiled as I listened to my friends tell stories of how they had seen God work.
- One told about prison inmates coming to faith in Jesus through concerts by Anthem City, our new Christmas band.
- Another explained how she created a website filled with resources to help Cru missionaries transition back to the U.S. after serving overseas.
- One of our graphic designers announced that the book he wrote and designed has been sent to the publisher; High Ground is a mentoring guide to help free people caught in porn addiction.
- I praised the great work my Emcee Training team did equipping 15 staff and student emcees to shepherd audiences toward Jesus.
- Someone else reminded us of all the people who heard the gospel through our bands that toured Australia and the Republic of Georgia.
As I listened to these stories and at least half a dozen others, I sensed the hand of God directing our small team. I was encouraged to see how He is using our creative endeavors to accomplish His mission to win people to Christ, build them in their faith, and send them out equipped to reach others.
God is already providing significant ministry opportunities for me for the start of 2017:
- Editing and promoting another set of 10 Rock Your Meeting videos for our growing library of free online lessons at rockyourmeeting.org or cru.org/rockyourmeeting
- Doing research and analysis for our team that is updating a Cru outreach strategy called Freshman Survival Kits
- Serving on the event team for three one-week Big Break conferences in Panama City Beach, FL (March 4-25) where college students will learn through experience how to share Christ
- Coaching and running sound and video at Comm Lab, our annual communication training conference, which will be held April 3-7 in Orlando, FL
As I look forward to a new year with so many exciting opportunities, please join me in praying for continued sensitivity to God’s leading, both for me personally and for everyone on our creative team.